[R-sig-Geo] Comparing spatial distributions - permutation test implementation

JiHO jo.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 21 16:36:05 CEST 2009

On 2009-May-21  , at 05:40 , Marcelino de la Cruz wrote:

> Jose M. Blanco-Moreno an myself have implemented Syrjala's test in
> the ecespa package. As a matter of fact, Jose M. has implemented a
> Frotran version of Syrjala's original QBasic function. Using your
> data the results are very close to your reported # statistic= 0.224
> and # p-value       = 0.1900.

Thanks a lot. Having the fortran implementation is very nice!
I still don't find the values computed with the quickbasic code but
the values reported in the article for this data set are different
from those computed with QB and actually closer to yours.

Looking at your code I still don't get what I am doing wrong though.
It seems we both use sample to get a few of the columns and then swap
them. Well, I'll use your test anyway.

JiHO
---
http://jo.irisson.free.fr/