[R-sig-Geo] [R-sig-Debian] [Fwd: Re: ubuntu problem with 'r-cran-robustbase' [FWD Agustin Lobo]]

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue May 12 17:17:27 CEST 2009

Michael:

I do have the backports activated. This is the entry in my sources.list:
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hardy-backports restricted main
multiverse universe
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hardy-backports restricted
main multiverse universe

And this is the output to what you suggested.

root at alobo-laptop:/home/alobo# dpkg --get-selections | grep r-base
r-base-core                    install
r-base-dev                    install
r-base-html                    install
root at alobo-laptop:/home/alobo# dpkg --get-selections | grep r-cran
r-cran-abind                    deinstall
r-cran-boot                    install
r-cran-cluster                    install
r-cran-codetools                install
r-cran-effects                    deinstall
r-cran-foreign                    install
r-cran-kernsmooth                install
r-cran-lattice                    install
r-cran-matrix                    install
r-cran-mgcv                    install
r-cran-nlme                    install
r-cran-relimp                    deinstall
r-cran-robustbase                install
r-cran-rpart                    install
r-cran-survival                    install
r-cran-vr                    install

My system is uptodate, I regularly install what I'm told by Update Manager.

I'm going to uninstall and install back r-base from Synaptic.
If I keep having the same problem afterwards, do you expect
that installing everything from sources could solve the problem? Will it
be hard ?
How much time should I pre-allocate?

Thanks

Agus