[R-sig-Geo] R: Re: indicator simple kriging with varying local mean on gstat

facrimas at libero.it facrimas at libero.it
Tue May 12 10:29:05 CEST 2009

Dear Edzer,

Thanks for the answer, but I still have problems.....

II want to apply the indicator simple kriging with varying local mean,
considering secondary exaustive information.
So, with the command subset I split the primary attribute belong to the
respective class of the secondary information.

for instance:

>data.Ni1<-subset(jura.pred, jura.pred$Ni<15)

>data.Ni2<-subset(jura.pred, (jura.pred$Ni<=25 & jura.pred$Ni>15))

>data.Ni3<-subset(jura.pred, jura.pred$Ni>=25)

Then  I evaluate the percentage of value smaller than a threshold value, and
I obtain an exaussive set of soft indicator data, defined as:

                              y(u;zk)= Prob {Z(u)<=zk : secondary information
at u}   (test: Goovaerts - pag. 307)

with this value I calculate the residual respect at Indicator data that
account for all available informations, and bulid the residual semivariogram.

Using that one, I want apply the simple indicator kriging, with the command

>resCd.4th.krige<-krige(data.Ni1$res.4thCd.1Ni~1, location=data.Ni1,
newdata=grd, model = res.4thCd.1Ni.model, beta=VECTOR)

I use a local mean, but I have problems

than, I use a constant mean, and the error is:

         "gstat: value not allowed for: covariance from non-transitive
variogram not allowed "

Theory give that in steady assumption, we have:

     C(h)=C(0)-gamma(h)

Can I put that in command krige?

Help me, please.....  I ended my ideas........................

grazie

Cristiano