[R-sig-Geo] spplot: no boundary lines for polygons

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:10:25 CEST 2009

I have a complex shape file imported to R via rgdal
as a SPolDF. I want to display continuous attributes
with a color key but the black boundaries
of the polygons, which are small in general, introduce
"too much black" in the plot and the spatial variation
of the attribute is not correctly displayed.

What I do is
spplot(MMAMBCGUcombi["DIFPW"])

(BTW, where is the code for fig. 3.6 in the book? Perhaps I should be
using plot() instead of spplot(), but cannot find how to select
the actual atribute in the SPolDF in plot())

Is there any way of not plotting the boundaries of the polygons?

Thanks

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster