[R-sig-Geo] as.psp doesn't work for big shapefiles?

Adrian.Baddeley at csiro.au Adrian.Baddeley at csiro.au
Mon Mar 30 04:08:02 CEST 2009

Quentin LEMOULAND <qlemouland at yahoo.fr> writes:

> The problem is that when the shapefile is too big (all the little rivers of a region for example: 3000),
> the as.psp function doesn't return anything

Under spatstat 1.15-0 and maptools 0.7-16 there is a bottleneck which causes 'as.psp.SpatialLines' to become very slow when executed on a large shapefile. However, I would still expect it to return the correct value eventually, if it is allowed to keep running.

The bottleneck will be fixed in spatstat 1.15-1.

Adrian Baddeley