[R-sig-Geo] RPyGeo Query -- probably easy

Zev Ross zev at zevross.com
Thu Mar 26 21:53:35 CET 2009

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anybody could give me a little guidance on formatting a
query using RPyGeo. I'm excited to be able to run Python geoprocessing
functions straight from R but am having trouble with the quote, double
quote kinds of issues.

Here's an example of what I'd like to run

rpygeo.geoprocessor("makefeaturelayer('X:\\abc.shp',
'walk')", "SelectLayerByAttribute('walk','NEW_SELECTION', ' "hrwk05"
'<>0")",env=myenv)

Where the sticking point is hrwk05 <> 0. In Python my query would be
double quote, field name, close double quote, comparison, number e.g,
"hrwk05" <> 0 but I'm not sure how to put this into RPyGeo

If I run like so:

rpygeo.geoprocessor("makefeaturelayer('X:\\abc.shp',
'walk')", "SelectLayerByAttribute('walk','NEW_SELECTION', '')",env=myenv)

it runs.

Thank you in advance for assistance.

Zev

--