[R-sig-Geo] SpatialLines to SpatialPolygons convertion

Torleif Markussen Lunde Torleif.Lunde at cih.uib.no
Tue Mar 3 18:30:01 CET 2009

Hi

A workaround could be to use Rgshhs or the modified version suggested in https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2009-February/005157.html

Best wishes
Torleif

________________________________

Fra: r-sig-geo-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch på vegne av Hans-Jörg Bibiko
Sendt: ti 03.03.2009 17:32
Til: R-sig-Geo at stat.math.ethz.ch
Emne: [R-sig-Geo] SpatialLines to SpatialPolygons convertion

Hi,

I have a short question.
Is there any workaround available which tries to convert a list of
SpatialLines to a list of SpatialPolygons objects?

In my case I have a list of Lines objects coming from a gshhs
(shorelines) file. The list represents 8 polygons of a given xlim/
ylim. Now I'd like to convert the list into 8 polygons in order to
draw them filled out.

I could do it 'manually' and try close these lines heuristically but
maybe there's already such a workaround available.

Thanks for any hint in advance!

--Hans

PS The new maptools release is really nice :) Thanks!