[R-sig-Geo] Point pattern analysis | Kernel estimation and GoogleMaps

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Mar 1 00:26:36 CET 2009

2009/2/28 Michel Barbosa <cicaboo at gmail.com>:

> I want to overlay my PNG from the bottom left where the Google logo is, to
> the top right above "New Jersey. So the PNG would overlay my entire Google
> Map. This is what I'm trying to achieve. Hope you guys can help me out.

 Isn't there anything in the Google Maps API that gives you the bounds
of the map region? Use a bit of javascript to put that inside some
HTML, then cut n paste into R to generate a spatstat window with those
bounds. Run your kernel density estimation, generate the PNG, then
overlay on the map.

 Or are you trying to do something dynamic? So that when any user
moves or zooms their google map, R is somehow called and produces a
PNG that covers the map view?

Barry