[R-sig-Geo] Problem with size of dataset

Poizot Emmanuel emmanuel.poizot at cnam.fr
Thu Jul 16 10:39:22 CEST 2009

Pierre Roudier a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> This is surprising has I am currently working on a dataset with 215
> 000+ locations. I managed to create a sp object
> (SpatialPointsDataFrame) seamlessly. I also can use it in gstat (while
> time-consumming) for analysis like variograms.
>
> Do you have any error message?
>
> Pierre

Hi Pierre,

when I try to load the dataset with the following command:

g.fond<-as.geodata(nav.reflector.corrected[,1:3])
with "nav.reflector.corrected" a dataframe with respectively x, y, and
depth columns, it gives the following message:

as.geodata: 215 points removed due to NA in the data
as.geodata: 4 redundant locations found
Erreur dans vector("double", length) :
  la longueur choisie pour le vecteur est trop grande

(Sorry for the french)

--
Cordialement

Emmanuel Poizot