[R-sig-Geo] filled.contour and legend height control

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Tue Jul 7 18:44:37 CEST 2009

Paul Hiemstra a écrit :
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Thanks for the code! My suggestion would be to use spplot instead of
> filled.contour, this function is really made to display spatial data.
> It works for grids, points and polygons and makes it really easy to
> combine those in one plot. You need to put your data into the spatial
> R classes provided by the sp-package. See:
>
> http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=tips:spatial-data:spatial_data_visualization
>

> some tips on how to visualize data using spplot.
>
> cheers,
> Paul

Yes, I am quite used with sp objects now, and using them almost on a
daily basis... I am currently comparing levelplot, image.*,
filled.contour, etc... and indeed spplot is excellent. What I liked in
filled.contour is the smoothness of the display (really following
contour lines). The others functions have many other advantages, but the
pixels are represented as they are, which makes the display a bit rough
compared to filled.contour for coarse resolutions (would be nice to have
something as a smoother embedded to improve the display).

Thanks anyway for the hints,

Patrick