[R-sig-Geo] Error with readOGR and shape file

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:42:39 CEST 2009

I've found the following error at importing a shp file
edited (deleting one line and creating another one) and saved with QGIS.
SHP files made (not edited) and saved with QGIS can be imported into R
with no problems.
I'm reporting to the QGIS list as well:

> fl2 <- readOGR(dsn="/media/Transcend/MONTSENY2008/MONTSENY_UAV2/",layer="flMata700v2")
Error in ogrInfo(dsn = dsn, layer = layer, input_field_name_encoding =
input_field_name_encoding) :
   Multiple incompatible geometries: 2:25706376

Note that ogrinfo does not report any problem:
$ ogrinfo flMata700v2.shp
INFO: Open of `flMata700v2.shp'
       using driver `ESRI Shapefile' successful.
1: flMata700v2 (Line String)

Let me know if I should upload the file.
Thanks

Agus