[R-sig-Geo] A small repository of publicly available Global maps

Tomislav Hengl T.Hengl at uva.nl
Mon Jan 26 17:57:07 CET 2009

Hi all,

I have just finished preparing a small repository of publicly available Global maps on environment.
For more info see:

http://spatial-analyst.net/wiki/index.php?title=Global_datasets

The maps can be downloaded directly from:

http://spatial-analyst.net/worldmaps/

I would be interested to find out if any of you are aware of a similar dataset that is not mentioned
in this article? (of course, I am only interested in the publicly available datasets)

If somebody knows a way how to make these maps even more accessible to the R-spatial community,
please let me know (e.g. to include them in the "maps" package).

Tom Hengl
http://home.medewerker.uva.nl/t.hengl/