[R-sig-Geo] contour lines on a plot

Virgilio Gomez Rubio Virgilio.Gomez at uclm.es
Mon Jan 19 19:05:25 CET 2009

Hi,

El lun, 19-01-2009 a las 18:37 +0100, Maxime Pauwels escribió:
> Dear Virgilio,
>
> I think you're right. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with the
> analysis of spatial data to avoid such conflict.
> Do you know wath function I should use to generate contour before
> conversion.

This example may help:

library(maptools)

res <- ContourLines2SLDF(contourLines(volcano))

grd<-GridTopology(c(0,0), 1/dim(volcano), dim(volcano))
spvolcano<-SpatialGridDataFrame(grd,
data.frame(altitude=as.vector(volcano)))

spplot(spvolcano, sp.layout=list(list("sp.lines", res)) )

There is something wrong in the way I have defined the grid topology and
the contour lines are shifted north, but you will get the idea. You
could also add labels to the contour lines.

Best,

Virgilio