[R-sig-Geo] combining two image files into one database

Alok K. Bohara, PhD bohara at unm.edu
Wed Jan 7 08:20:23 CET 2009

Hi:

Let me start by saying that I am new to R.  I converted two pixel ascii
matrices into image files:

X_im <- im(X)   # X is an ascii pixel matrix
Y_im <- im(Y)  # Y is an ascii pixel matrix

How can I combine these two images into 1) one datafile "XY_im", 2) save
it  and 3) read it after loading (e.g., x <- XY_im$X_im. and plot it.)

I tried doing this:

XY_im <- c(X_im,Y_im)
save(XY _im, file = "XM_im.Rdata")
load("XY_im.Rdata")
x<- XY_im$X_im    # It does not like $ and says it is atomic something...
plot(x)  # of course it does not work either.

What am I doing wrong?  Any tips?

Thanks you.

Alok Bohara

--