[R-sig-Geo] Converting kml to shape (readOGR)

Henk Sierdsema Henk.Sierdsema at sovon.nl
Tue Jan 6 14:43:00 CET 2009

Hi Juliane,

I have found an Arcview3-extension that converts kml to shapes (http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=14988) and that works fine. But it would like to solve the problem in the scripting-environment of R.

Henk

PS: the kml-files were made with Google Earth.

Henk Sierdsema

SOVON Vogelonderzoek Nederland / SOVON Dutch Centre for Field Ornithology

Rijksstraatweg 178
6573 DG  Beek-Ubbergen
The Netherlands
tel: +31 (0)24 6848145