[R-sig-Geo] Risk mapping: Parametric vs Non-Parametric Conditional Simulation approaches?

Zia Ahmed zua3 at cornell.edu
Fri Dec 18 17:00:51 CET 2009

Hi,
I like to compare  areas not exceeding of  particular threshold values
between parametric and non-parametric approaches of 1000 realizations.
For non-parametric approach, I did IK for 1000 realizations (conditional
simulation) and  calculated the area not exceeding (0.5 probability) of
the threshold value for each of 1000 realizations.  Now,  I want to
compare these areas with areas calculated from parametric approach.  For
this,   I  did  OK  conditional simulation  of 1000 realizations. My
question is: Is it possible to  create probability maps not exceeding a
threshold value of  each of 1000 realizations. I know, I need variance
of each prediction location of each realization to get the probability.
Please  consider my  limited knowledge about theory of geostatistics.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Zia