[R-sig-Geo] How to automatically fit variogram in gstat

ZK nitmithv at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Dec 11 07:00:01 CET 2009

Dear all,
I have daily pollutant measurements (CO, NO2, PM2.5 and Ozone) at 8 monitors from 2005 to 2008.  My purpose is to estimate daily exposures for studying subjects using Kriging for three years.  A common procedure is to plot experimental variogram and then to choose a theoretical model (e.g., exponential model or Gaussian model) with some adjustment on parameters.  However, this manual way is not appropriate for my application. I am wondering how I can fit variogram in gstat automatically.

I appreciate your response and best regards,
Kai