[R-sig-Geo] plotting 100 variograms on the same plot

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Mon Dec 7 16:47:30 CET 2009

Hi,

I think the only thing you need to change is the call to xyplot:

# So instead of "| identification" use groups = identification
xyplot(gamma ~ dist, groups = identification, sv_list,
panel = function(...) {
panel.xyplot(...) # points of the sample var
ret = variogramLine(model_list[[panel.number()]], maxdist =
max(sv_list$dist))
llines(ret$dist, ret$gamma, col = "red")
})

This example above doesn't illustrate this point clearly, but it should
work. You can choose to not show the sample variogram but only the
models, comment the line "panel.xyplot(...)" in the call to xyplot to do
this.

# So instead of "| identification" use groups = identification
xyplot(gamma ~ dist, groups = identification, sv_list,
panel = function(...) {
#panel.xyplot(...) # points of the sample var
ret = variogramLine(model_list[[panel.number()]], maxdist =
max(sv_list$dist))
llines(ret$dist, ret$gamma, col = "red")
})

cheers,
Paul