[R-sig-Geo] error using predict.sarlm

evans324 at umn.edu evans324 at umn.edu
Fri Apr 24 18:40:57 CEST 2009

Hi Roger,

>Then the dak_test_data is a SpatialPolygonsDataFrame, for which there is
>no nrow() method, leading to problems. Please get around this by saying
>newdata=as(dak_test_data, "data.frame") to coerce it to data frame. I'll
>look at providing dim methods for Spatial*DataFrame objects other than
>SpatialPointsDataFrame, which are in sp already; nrow() just returns
>dim()[1] of the object.

Thanks for your help so far. I tried your suggestion using the following
code:

dak_test_vars.10nn.predict <- predict.sarlm(reg_vars_formula.lag,
newdata=as(dak_test_vars, "data.frame"), listw =
dak_test.10nn.listw,zero.policy=TRUE)

Now I get a new error message: "Error in invIrW(listw, object$rho) %*%
trend : non-conformable arguments". I double checked the listw object and
data frame properties. They are as follows:

nrow(as(dak_test_vars, "data.frame") = 2255
length(dak_test.10nn.listw)
[1] 3
names(dak_test.10nn.listw)
[1] "style"      "neighbours" "weights"
length(dak_test.10nn.listw[[2]])
[1] 2255
length(coords_test)
[1] 4510

I am unsure of how to interpret this error. Do you have any advice? Thanks
for your help.

Heather

--
Heather Sander