[R-sig-Geo] Lattice with autocorrelation and predetermined values

Virgilio Gomez Rubio Virgilio.Gomez at uclm.es
Sun Apr 19 23:51:49 CEST 2009

Dear Simon,

Perhaps you could model your data using a multivariate Normal with
spatial autocorrelation (using a SAR or CAR specification). In this way,
you can fix some of the values and then simulate the rest. You can tune
the autocorrelation coefficient to make sure that the spatial
correlation is large enough to give high values of Moran's I.

Hope this helps,

Virgilio