[R-sig-Geo] cokriging question

Chris Taylor Chris.Taylor at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 19 16:19:17 CEST 2008

Good morning Edzer and Dave,
Thanks for bringing up this point.  I had a similar issue recently using
krige().  Observations at 5800 locations, attempting to krige()
predictions at 112,000 locations resulted in the same "memory.c" error
message.  Reducing predicted locations to <<50,000 and reducing max.dist
seemed to help, but the predictions still took a very long time (>2
hours).  (Running winxp with 4GB memory.)
Can you clarify your suspicion regarding the "lack of standardization of
coordinates"?

Chris

--
J. Christopher Taylor, Ph.D.
Applied Ecology and Restoration Research