[R-sig-Geo] cokriging question

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Fri Sep 19 15:53:33 CEST 2008

Dave,

12000 observations fit, in the c representation, in less than 1 Mb (64
bytes per observation).

The issue is that you think that passing maxdist to predict.gstat has an
effect. It doesn't; you need to pass it to function gstat().

The same thing happened in this
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2008-September/004182.html
message, where nmax was passed to predict.gstat, and simulation took
forever. The other issue in that question was, I suspect, lack of
standardization of coordinates, used in a trend surface.
--
Edzer

--
Edzer Pebesma
Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi), University of Münster,