[R-sig-Geo] subsetting

Tomislav Hengl T.Hengl at uva.nl
Fri Oct 24 10:18:27 CEST 2008

to get statistics of grids over polygons, you might also consider using the Grid Statistics for
Polygons method in SAGA GIS:

> rsaga.get.modules("shapes_grid")
$shapes_grid
   code                             name interactive
1     0        Add Grid Values to Points       FALSE
2     1         Get Grid Data for Shapes       FALSE
3     2     Grid Statistics for Polygons       FALSE
4     3            Grid Values to Points       FALSE
5     4 Grid Values to Points (randomly)       FALSE
6     5          Contour Lines from Grid       FALSE
7     6         Vectorising Grid Classes       FALSE
8     7           Clip Grid with Polygon       FALSE
9     8               Gradient from Grid       FALSE

> rsaga.get.usage("shapes_grid", 2)

*Note that SAGA can handle even large grids/polygons (up to 2GB size).

hth

Tom Hengl
http://spatial-analyst.net