[R-sig-Geo] GRASS and R

Alexandre VILLERS alexandre.villers at cebc.cnrs.fr
Sun Oct 5 15:05:49 CEST 2008

Good afternoon,

I started using R because I appreciated all its possibilities and the
general idea of Public software. Since I'm also getting involved in
spatial analysis, I would like to start using GRASS (with R) for the
same reason (fleixibility, updates, etc.).
I've been using ArcGis for a while now and so have some knowledge on GIS
software but no one in my lab is using GRASS and so I have to start form
the beginning. I downloaded some tutorials but for the moment it remains
quite dark to me, especially with the GRASS 6.3.0 version, for which
documentation appears to be scarce.

Could someone advise me with a tutorial which would help me with
handling GRASS (something like "GRASS for the beginners") and connecting
GRASS to R (using spgrass6).

Best regards

Alex

--