[R-sig-Geo] ramping four color in xy space

Tomislav Hengl T.Hengl at uva.nl
Tue Nov 18 09:55:46 CET 2008

Dear Holger,

This is a small script that uses [colorspace] library to run calculations with colors (some methods
are limited to 256 colors only):

http://spatial-analyst.net/scripts/whitening.R

If you assign R,G,B values spatially and then interpolate them (they have to be in the 0-1 range),
then it is relatively easy to produce an RGB image.

cheers,

Tom Hengl
http://spatial-analyst.net/wiki/index.php?title=Uncertainty_visualization

PS: maybe you should also consider color mixing:

Hengl T., Walvoort D.J.J., Brown A. 2004. A double continuous approach to visualisation and analysis
of categorical maps. Int. Jou. of Geographical Information Science, 18(2): 183-202.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13658810310001620924