[R-sig-Geo] error message when running errorsarlm

evans324 at umn.edu evans324 at umn.edu
Tue May 20 19:04:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm working on Windows with 2GB RAM and am trying to run the errorsarlm
with 32 predictor variables and 10,071 records. I created my listw object
using the dnearneigh function with an upper distance limit of 3000m. I used
the following code with method=Matrix to deal with memory limitations:

rams_dak3k.err <- errorsarlm(LN_PRICE~., data=reg_vars,
rams_dak.dnear3k.listw, zero.policy=TRUE, method="Matrix")

When I run this, I get the following error message repeated many times:

Error in stop(gettextf("no method or default for coercing \"%s\" to
\"%s\"", :
  no function to return from, jumping to top level
In addition: Warning message:
In optimize(sar.error.f.M, interval = interval, maximum = TRUE,  :
  NA/Inf replaced by maximum positive value

I am not sure what this message means. Should I trust the results? Should I
run the function differently. I appreciate any advice anyone can offer me.

Thanks,
Heather Sander

--
Heather Sander