[R-sig-Geo] spatial verions of negative binomial

Stratford, Jeffrey jeffrey.stratford at wilkes.edu
Wed Mar 12 14:46:42 CET 2008

Hi group,

Does anyone have code for spatial error and spatial lag models for
negative binomial distributions?  There are spatial error and lag models
in the Dormann et al. Ecography paper (a very nice read) but these fit
linear models.  Or is there a way to modify the Poison models?

If code doesn't exist and you want to develop it, I would be happy to
give you authorship.  I know that WinBugs can be modified but I have no
experience with programming it.

It's a very straightforward data set and a very important paper looking
at the effects of urbanization on avian species richness.  The original
ms was accepted by one reviewer and rejected by the second, who wanted
to incorporate spatial autocorrelation.

Cheers,

Jeff