[R-sig-Geo] Package for automatic interpolation

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Tue Mar 11 23:05:57 CET 2008

Dear r-sig-geo,

In the course of my PhD I have written a R package that performs
automatic interpolation (kriging) and might be interesting for other
people. I work on real-time automatic interpolation of radioactivity
levels. It depends heavily on the gstat pacakge written by Edzer
(Pebesma, he is my supervisor). If people are interested in this
package, it can be downloaded from
http://intamap.geo.uu.nl/~paul/Downloads.html. If you have any comments,
complaints or suggestions please do not hesitate to e-mail me.

Some sample code:
library(automap)
data(meuse)
coordinates(meuse) = ~x+y
data(meuse.grid)
gridded(meuse.grid) = ~x+y
kr.ok = autoKrige(log(zinc)~1, meuse, meuse.grid)
plot(kr.ok)
kr.uk = autoKrige(log(zinc)~sqrt(dist), meuse, meuse.grid)
plot(kr.uk)

cheers,
Paul

--