[R-sig-Geo] Point pattern match

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Mar 4 09:07:01 CET 2008

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Dooher, Brendan wrote:

> I apologize for the repost - I noticed that I didn't change the header -
> not sure it would make a difference...

It makes two big differences:

1) the subject is misleading if not suited to the contents, but worse is:

2) mailing lists are threaded, which means that if you start a new thread
by replying to a posting in an existing thread, even if you change the
subject. This is what you have done this time - the thread ID is one of
the many header lines in mailing list messages, and cannot (easily) be
changed by the user.

See:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.geo

for a threaded view - this exchange is still threaded with the original
posting. Thread discipline is crucial for the value of the archives to
others - questions are _NOT_ only single exchanges, but are accummulated
knowledge that others can search and use.

Please start a completely new message, and maybe we can resolve your real
question.

Roger