[R-sig-Geo] API documentation?

David Hugh-Jones dhughj at essex.ac.uk
Mon Jun 30 18:48:21 CEST 2008

Thanks David for his comment about dp.

Quick question: is there any reasonably comprehensible API
documentation for the "sp" package? I have just spent about an hour
trying to get a list of points from a SpatialPolygons object. I
eventually just printed everything out and found the data by hand, so
now I am doing:

coords <- myobject at polygons[[1]]@Polygons[[1]]@coords

but I don't assume that is right. Surely there must be some simple way
to get a list of x and y coords out of any object?

in frustration,
David Hugh-Jones
PhD Candidate
Essex University Department of Government
http://davidhughjones.googlepages.com