[R-sig-Geo] PBSmapping segfault?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Jun 19 06:06:38 CEST 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, tkobayas at indiana.edu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem with segmentation fault when I run my code using
> PBSmapping. I have thought 'segfault' indicates either that my code is wrong
> or that something is missing in this package.
>
> When I run my code, a terminal on Ubuntu shows me:

> gpc_polygon_clip (op=GPC_INT, subj=<value optimized out>,
>   clip=<value optimized out>, result=0x18c76d0) at gpc.c:1721
> 1721    gpc.c: No such file or directory.
>        in gpc.c
>
> So I guess I need to install gpc.c from somewhere.

No, it simply suggests that your copy of the package was compiled using
the -g flag (standard for R in most cases, and inherited by packages with
source code). Did you install from source, or a binary? Have you tried
running R -d gdb to determine where the problem occurred? Have you
contacted the package maintainer, best with a copy of the object (save())
and a script to reproduce the error?

Roger