[R-sig-Geo] kriging

Dave Depew ddepew at sciborg.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jun 16 22:54:16 CEST 2008

Ok,
What about higher order polynomials? I have fitted one using a gam to
the data which which helps to normalize the residuals, and reduce the
variance of the residuals.
Is it simply a matter of plugging in the function into the gstat command
line? Or is it simpler to krig the residuals and then add the trend back
to the interpolated residual grid?