[R-sig-Geo] R Raster to ArcGIS

Guy Serbin guy.serbin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 21:17:40 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I'm going to borrow what I just learned from my other thread.  I'd
export your raster data as an ENVI file, which ArcGIS should be able
to read with the ENVI Reader for ArcGIS installed.

1. Go to www.ittvis.com and download the appropriate version of the
ENVI Reader for ArcGIS (1.1 for ArcGIS 8.3-9.1, 1.2 for ArcGIS 9.2).
You won't need the ENVI reader for ArcGIS 9.3 as support for this
format is in the upcoming version.
2. Get the caTools package for R and load it.
3. Export your data from R using write.ENVI
4. Read data into ArcGIS using usual means.

You could also see if one of the other packages, e.g., RPyGeo, allows
you to directly interface between R and ArcGIS for your purposes.

Best of luck,
Guy Serbin