[R-sig-Geo] world map data

rick reeves reeves at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Dec 16 19:24:20 CET 2008

Dave:

Here is one place to obtain the Digital Chart of the World, which should
be more accurate:

http://www.maproom.psu.edu/dcw/   (Penn State University DCW Server)

Get the shape files, use R maptools routines (e.g., ReadShapePoly) to
read the files.

Hope this helps,
Rick Reeves

--
Rick Reeves
Scientific Programmer/Analyst and Data Manager