[R-sig-Geo] question about regression kriging

David Maxwell (Cefas) david.maxwell at cefas.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 11:38:31 CEST 2008

Hi,
Both Edzer's example (extreme case when prediction is at observation locations) and Tom's tech report (pg8 "note that the Eq.(19) looks very much like (17), except it will give slightly lower values") suggest that assuming independence of the two variances will give values that are too large, if so this is useful to know.

For the follow-up question: how to present the prediction uncertainty? I would follow the usual approach for a binary glm, calculate a confidence interval on the logit scale, then back-transform the limits to the 0,1 scale. If space to present mapped outputs is limited I plan to calculate the width of the confidence interval on the 0,1 scale and map this.

Thanks again, this list is an excellent catalyst for learning
David
david.maxwell at cefas.co.uk