[R-sig-Geo] question about regression kriging

David Maxwell (Cefas) david.maxwell at cefas.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 15:56:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

Tom and Thierry, Thank you for your advice, the lecture notes are very useful. We will try geoRglm but for now regression kriging using the working residuals gives sensible answers even though there are some issues with using working residuals, i.e. not Normally distributed, occasional very large values and inv.logit(prediction type="link" + working residual) doesn't quite give the observed values.

Our final question about this is how to estimate standard errors for the regression kriging predictions of the binary variable?

On the logit scale we are using
 rk prediction (s0) = glm prediction (s0) + kriged residual prediction (s0)
for location s0

Is assuming independence of the two components adequate?
 var rk(s0) ~= var glm prediction (s0) + var kriged residual prediction (s0)

Thanks again,
David Maxwell & Vanessa Stelzenmüller

david.maxwell at cefas.co.uk