[R-sig-Geo] LL from bearing and distance

Eric Archer Eric.Archer at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 27 17:55:37 CEST 2007

Is there a package that contains a function that will allow me to
calculate the ending latitude and longitude given a starting point on
the earth's surface and bearing and distance?  I have searched the
archives but have been unable to find one and would like to double check
before I try to roll my own.  Thanks for any pointers.

Cheers,
eric

--

Eric Archer, Ph.D.
NOAA-SWFSC
eric.archer at noaa.gov
http://swfsc.noaa.gov/prd-etp.aspx

"Innocence about Science is the worst crime today."
   - Sir Charles Percy Snow

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."
   - Benjamin Franklin

   "...but I'll take a GPS over either one."
       - John C. "Craig" George