[R-sig-Geo] Gaussian Variogram Positive Definite?

Brian J. Lopes blopes at email.unc.edu
Wed Sep 19 22:03:10 CEST 2007

Paulo,

Sorry for the delay in response, but making the changes you recommended
opened a whole bunch of other bugs in my C code.  Thank you very much
for the advice, it indeed did help me to get my MLE to converge
consistently by incorporating a small nugget.  I'm still having trouble
getting consistent estimates with the Matern model, but that's beyond
the scope of the email.

I should also thank Terry for the advice as well.

Thanks,
Brian