[R-sig-Geo] Shortest network path distances

Dan Bebber danbebber at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 12:22:52 CEST 2007

Dear Taka,

Anything is possible on R!
I do all my shortest path calculations with RBGL and graph packages from
Bioconductor.
RBGL (based on the C++ Boost Graph Library) has several shortest path
algorithms that perform better on graphs of different types.
I usually use the johnson.all.pairs.sp() function
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/GraphsAndNetworks.html

Yours,
Dan Bebber
Dr Daniel P Bebber, MA, DPhil

Head of Climate Change Research
Earthwatch Institute

Junior Research Fellow in Biology
St. Peter's College, University of Oxford

Earthwatch Institute (Europe)
267 Banbury Road
Oxford OX2 7HT
UK