[R-sig-Geo] About GeoBUGS and R

Virgilio Gomez-Rubio v.gomezrubio at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 21 13:35:50 CET 2007

Dear Minga,

> I want to use GeoBUGS for modeling and mapping(e.g SMR
> map).
> The former,I use GeoBUGS function by way of R2WinBUGS,but
> latter I can't.
>
> Usually,R2WinBUGS write results in logfile(.odc).
> I want to add map to the logfile by way of R.
> (If I use GeoBUGS's GUI with R2WinBUGS running on debug
> mode(bugs(...,debug=TRUE)),
> I can get it..)

Basically, what you need to do is to create a SpatialPolygonDataFrame
object from your map. Depending on the format, there are different
options available in R. Then you can read the results from your model
and add a new column to the map object with your estimate of the
smoothed relative risks (I presume). Then you can use spplot to display
the results.

Best,

Virgilio