[R-sig-Geo] PBSmapping to SpatialPolygonsDF

Andrew Niccolai andrew.niccolai at yale.edu
Mon Mar 26 22:21:56 CEST 2007

Roger!!! Thank you very much.  I needed to adjust your code only to account
for the fact that my tesselated object did not have a SID column and also I
needed to add a step to "repeat" the first set of XY cords for each polygon
to close the loop.  Other than that, it worked like a charm out of the gate.

Thank you.

Here are my changes to Roger's code in case others have data sets w/o closed
loops.

##--- convert from Polyset in PBSmapping to SPDF
## example(PolySet2SpatialPolygons ---written by R.Bivand)
res0 <- split(cb.tess, cb.tess$PID)
for(i in 1:length(res0)){
res0[[i]] <- rbind(res0[[i]],res0[[i]][1,])
}
outPolygons <- vector(mode="list", length=length(res0))
for (i in seq(along=outPolygons)) {
outPolygons[[i]] <- Polygons(lapply(res0[[i]], function(x)
Polygon(cbind(res0[[i]]$X, res0[[i]]$Y))), ID=as.character(i))
}
outSP <- SpatialPolygons(outPolygons)
plot(outSP)

Andrew Niccolai