[R-sig-Geo] comparing raster and vector data with Grass/R

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geo.uu.nl
Wed Mar 7 08:32:37 CET 2007

Using the classes and methods for spatial data in package sp, typically
the dem would be stored in a grid (SpatialGridDataFrame) and the vector
data in a SpatialPointsDataFrame. Then you can use the overlay method to
retrieve the dem values at point locations, to look at their relationship.
--
Edzer