[R-sig-Geo] Kriging

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Fri Jul 27 10:43:54 CEST 2007

Dear Robert,

In my opinion you need to look for some secundary information that will
allow you to split your data into subregions. Trying some arbitairy
dvisions and then choosing the one with the best fit may lead to an
overfit of the data.

If the phenomenom that you're studying depends on the geology then you
could look for a stratification by e.g. rocktype.

HTH,

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully
considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt
A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of
uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions. ~M.J.Moroney