[R-sig-Geo] Fwd: Variogram in spatial package

Christopher Paciorek paciorek at hsph.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 26 23:09:28 CET 2007

Hi Hywel,

I'm not familiar with 'spatial' but you might look at the variogram tools in 'geoR'.  This should allow you do look for anisotropy - I believe the function is vario4.

You should be able to check empirically if the variogram is on the residuals by comparing variogram with surf.ls with variogram without surf.ls but based on the residuals that you calculate yourself with lm().

Presumably 'x' is h, and you should be able to figure out the units based on the range of the 'x' axis...
I believe in geoR the output of variogram is labelled 'semivariance' so you can be sure it is gamma and not 2 gamma.
Not sure about variogram from 'spatial'.

Chris Paciorek / Asst. Professor        Email: paciorek at hsph.harvard.edu
Department of Biostatistics             Voice: 617-432-4912
Harvard School of Public Health         Fax:   617-432-5619
655 Huntington Av., Bldg. 2-407         WWW: www.biostat.harvard.edu/~paciorek
Boston, MA 02115 USA                    Permanent forward: paciorek at alumni.cmu.edu

>>> Hywel Jones <hywelm.jones at talk21.com> 01/26/07 4:50 PM >>>
A resubmission, as no one has replied and I still have
the problem.