[R-sig-Geo] Marginless plot output for georegistration of output graphics

David Forrest drf5n at maplepark.com
Wed Jan 17 18:58:55 CET 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, David Forrest wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Roger Bivand wrote:
> I feel really close with this, except for the key.

Answering my own question by looking through the source at
http://r-spatial.cvs.sourceforge.net/r-spatial/sp/R/spplot.R?view=markup I
see that spplot uses levelplot for many of its plots and will then accept
a colorkey=FALSE argument to inhibit the keys.  So, for everything but
SpatialPointsDataFrames, maybe something like this would work:

library(maptools)
xx <- readShapePoly(system.file("shapes/sids.shp", package="maptools")[1],
IDvar="FIPSNO", proj4string=CRS("+proj=longlat +ellps=clrk66"))

xx.p<-spplot(xx,'AREA',
        par.settings=theme.novpadding, # lattice theme from prior
        scales=list(axs='i',draw=FALSE),
        xlim=bbox(xx)[1,],ylim=bbox(xx)[2,],colorkey=FALSE)

mywidth<-myheight<-600
if(mapasp(xx)>1)  mywidth  <-myheight / mapasp(xx)
if(mapasp(xx)<1)  myheight <-mywidth  * mapasp(xx)
tf2<-tempfile()
png(file=tf2,width=mywidth,height=myheight,bg='transparent')
print(xx.p)
dev.off()
system(paste("display", tf2))

What do I need to to do turn the key off for spplot(SpatialPointsData) ?

Dave
--
  Dr. David Forrest
  drf at vims.edu                                    (804)684-7900w