[R-sig-Geo] What is the latest re: reading HDF files with R?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Jan 10 21:02:33 CET 2007

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Rick Reeves wrote:

> Good idea, Scott. I had forgotten about rgdal. Doesen't come up in the R
> topic search. RR

You'll need a build of the GDAL library against HDF - which platform are
you using? I believe these formats can be accessed from GDAL, but
confirmation would be welcome. If not Windows, you will be installing a
source rgdal package anyway, if Windows, there are ways round using the
DLLs in FWTools - ask if you need guidance.

Roger