[R-sig-Geo] Identifying overlapping polygons

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Feb 10 11:15:58 CET 2007

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, Andrew Niccolai wrote:

> I am still feeling my way around the "protocol" of this list serve, so I do
> not want to clobber the archives with unneccessary communication.

Andrew,

My feeling is that volume is not unacceptably high, and that with the list
being searchable, for example:

RSiteSearch("query points polygon")

from the R prompt, the usefulness of the list as a record of ideas, hints,
and answers is substantial. There is also a pretty complete record of
the last year or so at:

http://gmane.org/info.php?group=gmane.comp.lang.r.geo

> However, I am compelled to say thanks for the quick turn around and the
> extremely helpful suggestions from Greg and Roger.  Thanks and I will
> let you know how it ends up!

Please do so, I'm sure others can benefit from your experience!

Roger