[R-sig-Geo] cbind(SGDFone, SGDFtwo)

Ingo Holz Ingo.Holz at uni-hohenheim.de
Thu Dec 20 10:08:10 CET 2007

Hi,

 I want to use cbind to combine two SpatialGridDataFrames.

 SGDFone <- cbind(SGDFone, SGDFtwo)

 SGDFone and SGDFtwo resulted from the same SGDF they are copies
 like SGDFone <- SGDF; SGDFtwo <- SGDF. Only the dataframe part has
been modified.

 However, using cbind() I get the error message:

 Error in stop.ifnot.equal(x, grds[[1]]) : topology is not equal

 I checked the following:

 table(coordinates(SGDFone) == coordinates(SGDFtwo))

 which is True for all values.

 and

 fullgrid(SGDFone); fullgrid (SGDFtwo)

 which is also True for the two SpatialGridDataFrames.

 What else could be the reason for the error message. How can the two
topologies be different?

Thanks,
Ingo