[R-sig-Geo] weighted spatial autoregression

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Aug 22 09:02:43 CEST 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Sam Field wrote:

> Thanks Roger!
>
> Sorry about omitting the subject line.  I have been working with errorsarlm() -
> did not know about spautolm().  Do you know if there is something analogous
> possible in the case of the spatial lag model,
>
> Y = pWY + XB + e ?

I have not looked at it, but because it is a wierd animal, I don't think
it will be too easy to provide a theoretical foundation for it. The
heteroskedasticity is in the error term, but the autoregressive part
isn't. I don't think there are any examples anywhere, either.

It ought to be possible, though.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no