[R-sig-Geo] plot.polylist polygon plot order

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Aug 21 18:13:16 CEST 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Didier Leibovici wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> With plot.polylist is there a way of not drawing the "border" or controlling
> the width of the border in order to diminish the vision of horror when using
> a smaller colour range  than the number of polygons and when you have quite a
> lot of polygons in your "shape".

"Horror" is in the eye of the beholder, and can be controlled easily by
setting the device size to something other than the default.

border="transparent"

lwd= is not passed through in this "deprecated" function - it is for the
SpatialPolygon class, for which unionSpatialPolygons() is also available.

Hope this helps,

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no